FMI draws on the talents of staff with extensive consulting experience in local overseas business and on its broad local networks, which includes offices in Shanghai and Singapore, to provide a full package of services for companies seeking to enter Chinese markets. This begins with consulting and includes practical support post-entry, as well as financial advisory-centered services for companies expanding into ASEAN markets.
- Basic market research
- FMI conducts basic market research for companies entering overseas markets for the first time or launching new businesses, providing feasibility assessments and an initial direction for the business.
- Basic assessment of local affiliates
- FMI performs multifaceted analysis of the operations of local affiliates from a business standpoint, financial standpoint, and other perspectives to help the client determine a policy moving forward—whether business expansion, business reconstruction, or withdrawal.
- Partner search
- FMI uses its local networks to provide comprehensive support for clients entering new markets, seeking to expand their business, or seeking to bolstering local sales through alliances with local companies. Our support covers everything from identifying partners to facilitating alliances.
- Strategy creation and execution support
- Consultants with elite industry and overseas business expertise provide comprehensive support ranging from developing overseas business strategies to support in executing such strategies.
- Market entry support
- Drawing on its partner network, FMI provides comprehensive business support that includes company establishment for overseas market entry, tax administration, organizational structure construction, sales channels, and more.
- Organization and personnel
- FMI provides support to ensure smooth business operations, including organizational design at local affiliates, organizational restructuring, HR systems construction, personnel and labor risk management, and corporate governance reforms.
- Financial advisory services
- Support for M&A and establishment of post-merger companies
- FMI provides integrated support for the full range of processes and procedures, from finding and selecting sellers, buyers, and merger partner candidates to financial, legal, and business due diligence, structuring, corporate value assessment, drafting and negotiating various contracts, and government procedures for establishing joint ventures.
- Support for organizational restructuring
- FMI assists clients restructure for organizational reforms, develop governance systems, execute organizational restructuring, and sell off non-core businesses when necessary.
- Support for withdrawal and liquidation
- FMI helps clients formulate plans for business restructuring or withdrawal/liquidation of unprofitable businesses. FMI also helps clients negotiate with creditors and joint venture partners and execute withdrawal and liquidation procedures.
- Post-entry administrative support
- Post-merger support
- FMI helps clients formulate and execute an integration plan following M&A or joint venture establishment and provides support for the smooth construction and integration of organizational structures.
- Support for government procedures
- We provide comprehensive support for government procedures related to factory expansion, new business launch, and withdrawal, including document preparations, negotiations with government agencies, and more.
- Support for local affiliate profitability
- FMI assists clients in making local affiliates profitable by researching potential efficiency increases, surplus assets and unneeded expenditures, and reducing costs.
Strengths: Support for Chinese market entry
- Team of specialists with extensive practical experience and a broad-ranging network
FMI members with expert knowledge of Chinese markets draw on our broad-ranging local networks (including prominent financial institutions, legal and accounting firms, research firms, and investment funds) to provide highly effective services.
- Solution and coordination capacity in China
For problems unique to business in China, from accounting and debt collection to government procedures, labor, and intellectual property, FMI coordinates with stakeholders to quickly devise solutions and provide robust support for smooth local business operations.
- Full-package support
FMI provides a full package of support for Japanese companies (clients) seeking to enter or withdraw from China or expand or integrate their local affiliates, ranging from initial market research to devising strategy, capital alliances (M&A), and post-merger integration support.
Strengths: Support for ASEAN market entry
- Development of original local projects through joint efforts with major ASEAN players
FMI develops original M&A projects with ASEAN companies by collaborating with prominent financial institutions, accounting firms, and independent advisory firms with extensive local knowledge.
- Focus on small and mid-size projects
Many leading companies in the ASEAN region would be classified as small or medium-sized by Japanese standards, so we focus on small and mid-size M&A deals, where information tends to be limited, despite strong need from Japanese companies in this area.
- Hybrid model: Consulting combined with financial advisory services
FMI offers full-scale support with both financial advisory services and consulting capable of accommodating even those companies developing business in ASEAN through joint ventures or alliances.